Last modified 25th May 2018
- Data controller
- Lawful basis for processing
- Individual rights
- Data collected when you contact us
- Data collected by third parties on our behalf
- Google Analytics
- Other data collected by third parties
- Mapbox maps
- YouTube video player
The data controller responsible for this website is The Lodge Secretary for the Time Being, who can be contacted through the office of the Province of Hampshire & Isle of Wight, 85 Winchester Rd, Chandler's Ford, Eastleigh SO53 2GG.
Lawful basis for processing
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), is a cryptographic protocol that provides communications security over a computer network. Several versions of the protocols find widespread use in applications such as web browsing, email, instant messaging, and voice over IP (VoIP). Websites are able to use TLS to secure all communications between their servers and web browsers. The SSL protocol aims primarily to provide privacy and data integrity between two or more communicating computer applications providing a data environment which is much more secure.
Data collected when you contact us
When you submit a comment such as through a ‘Leave a comment’ form on our site we collect your name, e-mail address, and comment. We may choose to publish your name and comment on our site. You can delete a comment by contacting us with your request. Email the SECRETARY
When submitting a form on this website, the submitted data is sent to us. We use this data to contact you in relation to your enquiry. Access to data we collect is limited to the members of our lodge who require that data to perform their duties.
Section 1 sets out the purposes for which your data will be used if you are a candidate to become a Freemason.
Section 2 sets out the purposes for which your data will be used if you are a Freemason.
- Use of your data during your application to become a Freemason: As a candidate to become a Freemason, you consent to the processing, retention and sharing of your personal data submitted on or with your application, including details of any criminal convictions, for the purpose of assessing your membership application and any other Masonic applications you may make. You can withdraw your consent and request erasure of your data at any time prior to your initiation by notifying your proposer and seconder that you wish to cancel your application.
- Use of your data after you become a Freemason: As a Freemason your data will be processed, retained and shared for any reasonable purposes required by the Book of Constitutions or the bodies it sanctions from time to time. These purposes include, but are not limited to, the following purposes:
- 1 - Assessing any Masonic applications you make;
- 2 - Registering you as a member of Freemasonry;
- 3 - Receiving communications to which you are entitled as a Mason;
- 4 - Recording the progress of your career in Freemasonry;
- 5 - Masonic disciplinary processes;
- 6 - If you resign or are expelled from membership, maintaining records to prevent you from improperly re-applying for membership; and
- 7 - Maintaining records of your career in Freemasonry for archive and historical purposes.
You may stop your data from being used for all purposes except 6 and 7 above by resigning from the Craft using the processes prescribed by its constitution. If you resign or are expelled, personal data relating to your membership will normally be retained and processed by the United Grand Lodge of England for 100 years for purpose 6 and indefinitely for purpose 7. If you wish to object to the processing of your data for purposes 6 or 7 then please contact the SECRETARY
You may request access to the data held about you by the lodge, and rectification of that data if applicable, by submitting a request to the SECRETARY.
The secretary of the Lodge will provide on request details of your data controllers and their contact details.
The legal bases on which your personal data will be used in accordance with this Section 2 are:
a. the legitimate interests of the United Grand Lodge of England as a not for profit membership organisation; and
b. the fulfilment of contractual obligations owed to you by your Lodge.
Data collected by third parties on our behalf
Our site is hosted by One.com (owned by CSL - Computer Service Langenbach). One.com logs all requests in order determine the causes of reported faults and to detect and block suspicious traffic. The log records the time of the request, your IP address, the requested resource, the referring site (if specified by your browser), and your browser’s user agent string (which will usually include the name and version of your browser and operating system). Log files are deleted after ninety days.
Lawful basis for processing: Compliance with a legal obligation
Why? To comply with the GDPR obligation to implement appropriate technical measures to protect data
Other data collected by third parties
When you view a page containing Google Maps, your browser connects to outside our site to Google. For more information on how Google handles the data it collects, see HERE.
YouTube video player